About Sustainability Science Centre
The purpose of the Sustainability Science Centre is to catalyse, facilitate and coordinate research and educational initiatives at the University of Copenhagen in order to address issues relevant to the sustainable development of society.
The centre brings together the strong disciplinary traditions of several faculties in order to address the key problems of sustainable development and globalisation in a highly integrative manner. Thereby aiming to make the University of Copenhagen a leading actor in this particular field, both in terms of research and in post-graduate education.
The Sustainability Science Center facilitates access to high quality educational initiatives and cutting-edge research in sustainability science from the University of Copenhagen to a broad international audience including researchers, students and decision-makers in the public and private sectors.
The centre serves the community at large by providing free, public lectures on sustainability issues and a portal through which the university’s competences in sustainability can be accessed.
Professor Katherine Richardson is chairman of the steering committee.
- Katherine Richardson, Faculty of Health
- Astrid Kjeldgaard-Pedersen, Faculty of Law
- Janus Hansen, Faculty of Social Science
- Dorthe Gert Simonsen, Faculty of Humanities
- Lise Arleth, Faculty of Science
- Steffen Loft, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Stig Jensen, Faculty of Theology
- Christian Riis Stenby, Faculty of Law
- Tomas Refslund Poulsen, Green Campus
Information about the Centre's location and staff can be found under contacts.
Leader of SSC
Professor Katherine Richardson
Join the events mailing list
Join the student mailing list