Addressing the challenges of the 21st century
The Sustainability Science Centre: The Sustainability Science Centre is the heart of the University of Copenhagen’s efforts to ensure that research insights related to the sustainability field are disseminated through an active outreach programme, creating bridges between science, governance and the public at large. The vision for the Universities’ Sustainability Science Center is to make full use of the existence of strong disciplinary traditions of several faculties, in order to address the key problems of sustainable development and globalization in a highly integrative manner. Thereby making the University of Copenhagen a leading actor in this particular field, both in terms of research and in post-graduate education.
What is sustainability science: Sustainability Science is a rapidly developing transdisciplinary, cross-faculty framework for studying issues with interacting cultural, ethical, political, social, legal, economic, technological, ecological and bio-physical elements, and with a time perspective beyond that of the present generation.
Below you find a list of research centers at the university who work with climate and sustainability:
- Center for Advanced Security Theory (CAST)
- Centre for Cultural Studies in Sustainability
- Center for Is & Klima
- Center for Makroøkologi, Evolution og Klima
- Center for Permafrost (CENPERM)
- Copenhagen Centre for Atmospheric Research (CCAR)
- Forskergruppen for Miljø og Samfund i Udviklingslande
- Global Development
- Centre for Energy, Environment and Health